Tuesday 18 October 2016

Tango Gourmet or Gourmand?

I ask myself: 
How can one enjoy Encuentros/Festivalitos or Marathons, if one visits them all the time? 
I see so many of my friends constantly in Facebook-albums, some of them obviously visiting international events almost every other weekend... And they seem to have fun all the time, enjoying each of them indiscriminately. In any case, the thank-you-notes are always enthusiastic, no matter how the floor, catering, DJs, sound and dance experience were.
I don't know. My maximum were 11 Encuentros in 2013. In 2016 it will have been 8, some of them combined with teaching, DJing or organising... That does not leave a lot, but I can enjoy every occasion - because for me they are special. I choose carefully where I travel to, because I want every voyage to be exquisite.
Of course, my freedom is very limited. I cannot visit more than a few Encuentros per year, as I teach on so many weekends. So my situation is not comparable to those of my friends with normal jobs. I also don't want to propagate being overly picky - one should see the good in things, not only the defaults
But still: there is a difference between a gourmet and a gourmand, no?



No comments: